- What kind of businesses do women in the community want to have?
They want to do retail trading of various articles and commodities, buying food crops from farmers and selling at the local market, learning a life skill trade like sewing, handcrafting, hairdressing and producing powdered detergent. They also want to rent large farm lands to cultivate beans, potatoes, maize, cassava and peanuts for commercial purposes.
- What about for men, aside from the plantation what are their means of livelihood?
Most men own small coffee farms that surround the homestead where they harvest the grains and sell, others do petty trading, others have parcels of land which they give out to farmers on rents, few have white collar jobs and some go seeking for a fortune at the Cocoa, banana, rubber and palm plantations at the coast.
- Is palm the only agriculture landscape near your community?
- More or less how many people do you want to reach with the programs? or how many people are in the community you’d like to help?
- With money not being an issue, what vision do you have for your organization? 5 years from now? 10 years from now?